ARUBA 2018 VLOG


When it comes to travel and adventure, are you planning every second of your vacation down to a T, or are you more of a "go with the flow" kind of person?

I think it's important to have some kind of plan mapped out when traveling. At least a list of things like: restaurants, shops and excursions that you want to experience.

I'm usually a go with the flow kind of gal, It's the sagittarius in me. However, as a flight attendant, using my flight benefits and flying standby.. I'm reallllly really learning to go with the flow when it comes to travel.

For my 23rd birthday that just passed in December of 2018, I planned to visit Iceland for the first time. (Well I didn't really plan much. My mother is that person that has to plan things to a T so, thank God for her being my travel buddy recently lol!)

I did have a set list of the things that I wanted to experience which included: The blue lagoon of course, whale watching, seeing the northern lights, and traveling Iceland's golden circle! Oh, I was excited to taste shark for the first time too!

Long story short, my perfect birthday trip to Iceland quickly turned into a last minute, unplanned and unprepared trip to Aruba.

Thank God for a little pre preparation and my amazing flight instructors for this very important Travel Tip #1: Always pack clothes for both cold, and warm weather! (This is really only necessary for those who fly standby I guess).

As you can imagine, I was really hurt when I didn't board that 9pm flight to Reykjavik that night. I was counting down the days for that trip. However, the beauty in these flight benefits is that, there's always options! (btw we couldn't get on the flight because it was payload optimized. Something that has to do with weight and balance issues.. idk.)

Anyway, my mother and I left for Aruba with 2 bathing suits each, one pair of sandals each and maybe one or two summer dresses. Definitely not the way a lady wants to visit a Caribbean island! But you know what they say, unplanned times are usually the best times and this trip was definitely one for the books! Sooo, with that being said.. I hope you enjoy my very first travel vlog and get all the good feels from our amazing trip to Aruba. LINK**  https://youtu.be/ZJpkCLxE-SY 
                                     
                                      
                                               
            
   SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR MORE TRAVEL VLOGS:
@CHANTISEARMANI







PLANNING TO VISIT ARUBA

Where to stay?
I personally recommend stepping outside of the comfort zone of a resort.
Aruba is called "One Happy Island" for a reason. It's safe and the people are NICE!

We rented a car and lived in a local's air bnb for our week stay.
Many people are afraid to stray away from resorts, but I can ensure you that your experience will be much different if you stay away from those super touristy, overcrowded hotels! Lol :)

Traveling with your boo or just one other person?
I recommend my Aunty Annie's home.
*Cheap, comfortable and clean! She provides airport pickup and is a short 10 min ride from both the airport and the beaches.*
: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10224027?location=Aruba&adults=1&check_in=2019-04-09&check_out=2019-04-12&guests=1&s=aMKN_roF

If you do decide to stay on a resort I suggest staying near Palm beach. There is way more stuff to do on that side of the island.

Renting a car?

CarVenience| Car Rental Aruba
16D, Sabana Berde, Oranjestad, Aruba

Our rental was super affordable, our car was good on gas and the staff was super nice!

They even gave us this list of things to do that I'm going to share with you now.

Suggestions from locals? (mix of beaches, sites and restaurants) 

     Palm Island
     Baby Beach (apparently you can swim with turtles here)
     Arashi Beach
     Mangel Halto
     Boca Grandi
     Phillips Animal Garden
     Texas De Brasil
     Marina Food
✔️The Old Cunucu House  (we had really good goat from here!)
✔️Zeerovers (my absolute favorite! *HIGHLY RECOMMEND*)

Must Do Activities?

Jolly Pirates Booze Cruise
https://www.jolly-pirates.com/

Splash Park Aruba
https://www.splashparkaruba.com/

Flamingo Beach Aruba**
http://www.arubaprivateisland.com/renaissance-aruba-private-island-auabr/Flamingo-Beach-16.html

If you are not a guest at the renaissance hotel, then access to the private island is not free!
For non guest the cost is $125 per person and they only bring the first 20-25 people over each morning. Be prepared to wake up super early(6am) to make the line. The pay is worth the experience!
You'll be the first to arrive at the island which you have access to all day long and you'll also receive a voucher valid for one free meal and one free drink. ( Don't get an appetizer sis! Get a steak and the largest drink on the menu lol)

Natural Pool Aruba

- We didn't make it to the natural pool, but it is definitely the first thing on my to do list when I go back.

Night Life?

You wont find much to do as far as night life on the renaissance side/near the airport.
The popular night club in Aruba is called Gusto's! We went twice and both nights were lit.
The after party is just a short drive down the road to another popular club called The Mill.

This is why I highly recommended renting a car! Get around and explore the island as much as possible.

Shopping? 

Aruba has plenty of shopping centers. Near a resort? A shopping center isn't far away.

Well there goes my little bit of insight on this perfect Island. I can't wait to visit a second, and third time. I hope this helped you in some way, and that you have an experience as great as mine! Later. xo














Comments

Post a Comment